Resilient Lady – Essential India
Resilient Lady - Essential India
Small group excursion and Private tours with English speaking guides
Mumbai 10th Nov & GOA 11th Nov 2023
Muziris Heritage – Day Tours offers three variety shore excursions in Mumbai & Goa to fit your lifestyle and your visit to Our country, with these tour itinerary you can experience the lights and sound of Goa & Mumbai in a short time.
This tailor made special tour for Resilient Lady and enjoy the service of our friendly English speaking guides, committed to ensure your India tour runs smoothly in Goa & Mumbai
This tour includes:
• Air conditioned mini coach and English-speaking Licensed Tour guides
• Pick up and drop off at pier
• Small group tour
Choose between a private or small-group excursion. You will not have to form your own group and we will be happy to place you with other cruisers from your cruise ship.
Please note that we can get fully booked in the high season, especially if you are arriving with a cruise ship. If possible, please contact us as early as possible.
MUMBAI AS LOCAL ON 10th Nov 2023
Explore the unique local culture, industries and people in the frenetic sprawl known as Mumbai, the capital and economic engine of India, on this full day excursion.
The fastest growing, most affluent and industrialized city in India, Mumbai represents the ever-changing face of today’s India – the old coupled with the dynamic new. Begin with a drive along Marine Drive, a winding stretch of road with tall buildings on one side and the Arabian Sea on the other. Due to its curved shape and many street lights, it was once called the Queen’s Necklace.
The first stop is a Jain Temple, built of white marble in 1904 and dedicated to Adinath, the first apostle of the Jain’s religion. On the first floor there is a striking black marble shrine dedicated to Parsvanath, and the ceiling is beautifully decorated with the different planets as personified in Hindu mythology.
Next, make a photo stop at colorful Dhobi Ghat, a once-in-a-lifetime sight where thousands of pieces of clothing are sent each day to be hand-laundered, dried and ironed by Mumbai’s dhobi wallahs or laundry men and women. Continue with a visit to Mani Bavan, the Gandhi Memorial. This famous house used to be the Mumbai residence of Mahatma Gandhi, and is where he was arrested in 1932. The memorial contains a reference library with over 2,000 books, memorabilia and a photo feature on the Mahatma’s life. Cross the city, with photo stops at the High Court, Churchgate Station, and the magnificent Victoria Terminus with its exquisite ornamentation and carvings of peacocks, gargoyles, monkeys, elephants and British lions mixed up among the buttresses. Spend time at the Colaba street your own
The last stop is the impressive Gateway of India. Another structure built to commemorate the visit of King George V and Queen Mary in 1911, the Gateway is considered the principal landmark of Mumbai. Standing over 85 feet high, the archway was built in the 16th-century Gujarat style, with four turrets and intricate latticework carved into the yellow basalt stone. Return to the pier following your photo stop at the Gateway and Taj Mahal Hotel.
In the full day tour you may choose to stop off at a local restaurant for lunch. Ask your Guide for suggestions. There are some world class restaurants serving a variety of cuisines so there is so much to choose from.
TOUR PRICE US $85 PP
Goa(Mormugao) on 11th Nov 2023
(8.30 to 3.30 PM)
Enjoy this marvelous old Portuguese city studded with vibrant temples and majestic churches. Visit the stunning Baroque cathedral and quaint, colorful Panjim for a taste of Portugal in India. Explore the countryside local markets and the region’s exquisite beaches and a visit the historic neighborhood of Fontainhas, known as the Latin Quarter. Discover the area’s Portuguese influences as you walk with your guide down narrow streets and past old, colorful villas.
What the tour covers:
The tour includes the following:
- A visit to the churches of Old Goa, the “Rome of the East”, which was the administrative seat of the Portuguese. We will visit Se Cathedral (the seat of the Archbishop of Goa), and the Basilica of Bom Jesus which contains the body of Saint Francis Xavier, the Jesuit missionary who was canonised in 1622.
- A brief walk through the heritage district of Fontainhas – this is a residential area, the Latin quarter of Panjim where the traditional colourful houses of the Catholic and Hindu community are still preserved. Here you will see the original fountain after which the area was named.
- Bazaar walk through the bustling Panjim fish and vegetable market – this is a large colourful market where you can see all sorts of interesting things on offer, including household wares, spices, fish, vegetables and many other goods. It’s a great way to see daily life in Goa!
- A visit to a Hindu temple to see the local architectural styles and prayer rituals
- Relax at a beachfront resort for lunch before heading to Pier
TOUR PRICE US $85 PP
Air conditioned Mini coach
English speaking guide
Linch at Goa
All entrance fee's
pick up from pier and drop